High School leaders with helping hands.
Find, Use, Share, Inspire, Offer, Notice!
- Find your purpose
- Use your gift
- Share your talents
- Inspire others
- Offer love
- Notice the changes
F.U.S.I.O.N is a group of kids who have aged out of Camp F.U.S.E. or just want to volunteer and gain some leadership skills. You must be entering or in high school (grade 9-12) and be willing to participate as a camp volunteer in order to become a young camp leader (YCL). YCL’s are peer leaders who lead by example as small group leaders and camp coordination help.
June 5 or 7 at 6:45 - 7:15 PM
Under the direction of the Camp Director(s), those a part of FUSION will act in support role to the camp counselors and camp interns. FUSION will assist in planning, organizing, and implementing camp activities and will also work with other leaders in supervising, monitoring, and participating in all activities including field trips, arts and crafts, sports and games, Bible lessons and more. While doing so, FUSION members are expected to serve as an appropriate role model for the children under their care.
· Participate in team trainings and meetings
· Follow all camp standards as outlined on the website
· Assist all camp directors, counselors, and interns in the guidance of individual campers and groups in participating in all camp activities
· Assist in the supervision of all aspects of the campers’ day
· Assist teaching or leading activities as assigned
· Maintain good public relations with camper parents/guardians
· Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up responsibilities, and goodsportsmanship
· Other reasonable duties may be assigned as required by the Camp Director’s and Counselors
Education or Experience: Must be entering high school or a senior just graduated. Although it is not required, past similar experiences would be helpful.
Other qualifications or skills:
· 14 years old and older
· Desire and ability to work with children both inside and outside
· Ability to relate with one’s peer group
· Ability to accept supervision and guidance
· Ability to assist in teaching activities
· Good integrity, character, attitude and adaptability
· Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
· CPR/First Aid Certification is a plus but not required